Free Shipping on US Orders $40+
Free Shipping on US Orders $40+
CES 2022 Innovation Awards - Thunderbolt™ 4 Power HubPress Release
HYPER Announces World’s First Thunderbolt™ 4 Power Hub With Integrated 100W GaN Power Supply
Turn one Thunderbolt 4 port into three downstream ports and enjoy a cleaner workspace with increased portability and no bulky power brick.
JANUARY 3, 2022 - LAS VEGAS, NV (CES BOOTH 16734, CENTRAL HALL) - Today, HYPER® - creator of the world’s most crowdfunded USB-C hubs, announced the release of the HyperDrive Thunderbolt™ 4 Power Hub, the World’s first Thunderbolt 4 hub with an integrated GaN (Gallium Nitride) power source.
Up to now, Thunderbolt™ 4 hubs included a large external power brick often larger than the hub itself. They were bulky, heavy, and cluttered work spaces. By integrating the latest GaN technology into HyperDrive, Hyper has eliminated the large power brick and come up with a single hub and charger device for improved portability and a cleaner workspace aesthetic.
Daniel Chin, President of HYPER said, “Thunderbolt 4 Hubs are sleek devices that can expand Thunderbolt connectivity but need to be powered by bulky AC adapters even larger than the hub itself. By using the latest GaN technology, we are able to miniaturize the power supply and integrate it into a single device, the HyperDrive Power Hub, making it much portable and easier for users to connect and power their Thunderbolt devices.”
HyperDrive provides three Thunderbolt™ 4 downstream ports that enable 40Gbps total bandwidth delivering up to 32Gbps PCle data transfers, and dual 4K 60Hz or single 8K 30Hz display connectivity. Additionally, HyperDrive Power Hub provides host computer charging of up to 96W and 15W of power for powering accessories like high performance storage or charging accessories like phones or tablets.
“It is great to see Hyper deliver a high-performance Thunderbolt™ 4 solution in a sleek and portable design. This integrated Thunderbolt 4 hub and charging design is truly innovative,” said Jason Ziller, General Manager of Intel’s Client Connectivity Division. “With Thunderbolt 4 which has been recognized as a CES 2022 Innovation Award Honoree1, this hub provides a truly universal cable connectivity experience wherever users go.”
HyperDrive is a CES 2022 Innovation Awards Honoree and will be on display at CES, so you can see it live and in person in Las Vegas. For more information, or if you wish to be notified upon launch, visit the link here.
HyperDrive Thunderbolt™ 4 Power Hub Key Features:
- Four Thunderbolt 4 Ports. One Thunderbolt 4 upstream port for connecting to and charging Thunderbolt based host computers and three Thunderbolt 4 downstream ports provide up to 40Gbps total bandwidth, 32Gbps PCIe data transfer for better storage performance, dual 4K/60Hz video, and 15W of power for accessories.
- No External Power Brick. Integrated ACF GaN technology provides a more portable solution that creates a cleaner setup with no bulky power brick, and improves power efficiency to over 93% for a longer product lifespan.
- Better Graphics Performance. 32Gbps PCIe data transfer provides 2X better storage performance or graphics performance from Thunderbolt enabled eGPUs.
- 8K 30Hz Single Or 4K 60Hz Dual Display Support. Connect to one display with up to 8K 30Hz HDMI video or connect to two displays with 4K 60Hz HDMI video.
- Daisy Chain It. Thunderbolt laptop users can daisy chain additional Thunderbolt devices to the hub.
- 96W Passthrough Charging. One Thunderbolt upstream port provides 96W Power Delivery PD passthrough charging.
- Ports: Thunderbolt 4 Upstream x 1 (40 Gbps, DP Alt Mode, PD 96W Passthrough Charging), Thunderbolt 4 Downstream x 3 (40 Gbps, DP Alt Mode, PD 15W), AC IN
- Dimensions: 124.5 x 124.5 x 30.5 mm / 4.9” x 4.9” x 1.2”
- Weight: 580g / 20.45oz / 1.27lb
Celebrating its 16th year in business, HYPER is a dynamic team headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. We specialize in delivering award-winning, cutting-edge IT and mobile accessories with a focus on Apple, portable power, data storage & connectivity products.
HYPER is guided by its promise of GET MORE™. Delivering more ports, more power, and more connectivity, which in turn delivers more quality time with family and friends, more experiences, and more memories to every HYPER customer around the world.
About Thunderbolt™ 4
Thunderbolt™ 4 is the latest generation of Intel’s universal cable connectivity solution for video, data and power over USB Type-C. It delivers increased minimum performance requirements, expanded capabilities and USB4 specification compliance—and is compatible with Thunderbolt 3 as well as billions of USB 3 PCs and accessories already available. To learn more about Thunderbolt 4 and how it is different from other USB-C connections, visit http://intel.com/thunderbolt
© Thunderbolt™ and the Thunderbolt™ logo and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
1 The CES Innovation Awards are based upon descriptive materials submitted to the judges. CTA did not verify the accuracy of any submission or of any claims made and did not test the item to which the award was given.